Friday, January 12, 2007

Rostrevor


Here I am in the "place of Trevor" :-)
(click on the image for a larger view!)

My 24-7prayer friend, Carla, posted this photo of the center we're staying at for our meetings so I thought I'd do the same.

This is the Christian Renewal Center and they've been lovely hosts to us these last few days. It was sunny like this on the afternoon that we arrived but it's just been storming like mad since then. Makes us feel extra cozy inside. We've been looking out on the Irish Sea and watching the effect of the wind on the waves and trees along the shoreline.

The cool thing about this place is that it's a prayer center that has for many, many years been focused on praying healing for Ireland.

There is palpable peace here even in the storm.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa

I am a 44 year old mum (and nurse) with a background in missions, longing to again be involved in missions in the future... A few months ago I stumbled upon your blog and have enjoyed reading it ever since. I can relate to a lot of what you are thinking and writing. I live in N Ireland and was so amazed to read that you are now here - in Rostrevor!! That is my sacred space... I have gone to the Renewal Centre a few times for personal retreats. I love it.

Just thought I would say hello and let you know I read your blog. Enjoy your time in Ireland. :-)_

From a fellow traveller,
Nina

Anonymous said...

hey mum... nice to hear an update. hey the photo doesnt get very large, just so you know.
looks gorgeous though! love you!

Anonymous said...

Nina, thanks for making contact! What a funny little world! I can see why you love this place. It's very special. Blessings!

Brian said...

Lisa it was good to hang out with you, thanks for coming, hope you had a nice time with the other Brian?

lisa said...

oh yes, the other brian h. had a great time with all of them. had a great time at rostrevor with all of youse!