Tuesday, July 17, 2007

We Get Grumpy


A certain well-loved friend who also happens to read this blog confesses to thinking that we're always having cool times and being endlessly happy and joyful.

What a crock!

We get grumpy. We grouch around and snap at each other. I retreat into my room when the dance parties fall on nights when I am too worn out. We get short-tempered, impatient and ugly, (not to mention moody, rude and selfish.) All of us.

Besides that, we also get sick. I landed here knowing I would soon be hosting a team from Europe and the States and yet I failed to remember to pack any Pepto Bismol. Imagine having six new stomachs experiencing the various degrees of reaction to Africa and not having any Pepto to soothe them with?

Friends who recently passed through Arusha asked us if we needed anything from the States. "Yes, please!" I said, requesting a bottle of the pink goo. Our team's tummies rejoice! That was a really good house warming gift, no? I thought so.

But it was our second house warming gift. The first came from Arrival in Arusha Angel, Pam, who brought us the always appreciated package of tea and sugar. Yea, Pam!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Pepto shortage? My goodness, the things I take for granted!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

AS A MINISTER, I APPRECIATE YOUR MINISTRY..

TRUST ME;I AM DUE FOR AFRICA WITHIN A FEW WEEKS...HOPEFULLY WE CAN TOUCH BASES...

www.standingontherock.org.

Title: REPAIRING THE BREACH TO REACH THE LOST...

PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW I CAN FIND YOU; I AM GOING INTO UGANDA AND NIGERIA...

GOD HAS EXPANDED ME MUCH AT THE AGE OF 72 AND GROWING...

BE BLESSED...

LOVE WHAT YOU ARE DOING FOR JESUS...

Apostle/Prophetess Dolores James,
MOTHER OF NATIONS

womanofgod_africa@hotmail