Monday, October 22, 2007

Chocolate Covered Joy

It's 1:20am (Spain time) on Monday the 22nd of October, which means it is now officially my birthday.

Woo hoooo!

I am very happy that we'll be heading home later this day. We have a 9am train to Madrid, a metro ride, a late afternoon flight to Amsterdam, and an overnight flight to Nairobi before our hop to Kilimanjaro. We should be home by noon on Tuesday.

These have been wonderful days with the 24-7 Prayer family. I will have to talk more about that later.

For now I just want to quote Byron who said that finding Barbara at the international food fest on Thursday night was like "chocolate covered joy." Amen to that!

All is well. I need to get some sleep now...

45!

(PS And Happy Birthday dear Nancy!)

12 comments:

jesus gypsies said...

Happy Birthday Lisa!!!

pearl said...

Happy birthday!

Baba said...

eh, eh...I liked that expression as well...Byron is a funny guy...
I LOOOOOOVED BEING WITH YOU...
Thank you God...
LOVE YOU LOADS LISA...
baba

P.S- don't know if I said this, but those olive wood pieces are one for you and Byron, the big one, then the small ones are one for each of my little siblings Heather, Colin, Jesse and Trevor...they can make something creative out of it :-) and I left some bottle taps for heather that I found in Seville...eh, eh...O.K, on my way from Faro to Lisbon now...thanks...thanks...thanks...for YOU

Moose & Cindy said...

Happy Birthday Lisa!!!

Trevor Borden said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday! I'll be praying for safety in travel for you and Byron.

Heather Cady said...

Happy Birthday! Bummer we didn't get to see you. Hugs from Madrid,
Heather

Anonymous said...

Birthday Hugs to you, lovely Lisa!

What a way to start off your new year - a bathing in 24-7! May it lead to new and wonderous joys deep in your heart!!
Love you!

cxp said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
FELIZ ANIVERSÁRIO!!!
..its a bit late but here it is;]!!
BIG BIG BIG hug,
miss u,
God Blees u all!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the birthday love! We are now home, safe and sound :-)

Whitney said...

Happy Birthday Lisa =)

Jenelle said...

ooh my! I missed your birthday. I am missing you. I am so glad you are home safe. A longer email letter from me will follow, I promise.