Thursday, May 21, 2009

Arusha Calling...

Today marks 7 weeks since we left home in Arusha. It's 4 weeks and 2 days till we begin the journey back.

It's a long time to be away from home and normal routine. There is so much good in it and I'm really, truly, very deeply thankful. It's so important and so beautiful to get time with people we love and care for and who love and care for us.

But tonight I'm just kind of worn out.

Nothing else to say really.

I guess I'm just homesick for Africa.

3 comments:

Jenelle said...

Arusha misses you, too. She called and told me last night. And. I can't read your post-title without hearing that old Clash song, "London's calling."

A BAKER'S HALF DOZEN said...

---and Africa is homesick for you and your family, I am rather sure. God is a loving Father to craft within a person such a deep love and 'belonging' to a place. Amen to his power and ability to do this.

Carolyn said...

I have been reading over your many posts about comings and goings, your travels to and fro, and all that entails, and it didn't really hit me until re-reading this one tonight, how unsettling that could be, when you just get used to one place, the people, the setting, the routes to and fro, the culture, etc. and then, just as you get settled, oops then it's time to uproot and go again....even if it's back home, or to a place with friends/family; it's still change, and I'm imagining for you, big change, because it's not just a few hours' ride by car, but across a few continents.....I just give you so much credit for being willing to continue to do that, and do it so well, even if at times, it doesn't always feel like it. (((((hugs))))))
Carolyn