Monday, December 23, 2013

Thoughts for Advent: Day Twenty-Three

A Poem for Day Twenty-Three

There have been moments
I was sure
the earth paused
on her axis

Moments
indelible and
eternally bright

Four times I have held
the newest life

Four times I have
peered into a face
I had never seen
but loved instantly
more intensely
than my breaking heart
could bear


And in those minutes
that never never come again
I was won

Charmed completely
I was intrigued by one question

Who are you?

Yes, I know your origin
and who you are to me
but

Who are you?

On a scale beyond anything
She must have asked the same

This Advent
I turn toward
a face I cannot see
but know I love

My desire is
to be undone

Who are you?

-lisa, 23 December, 2013



1 comment:

Scott said...

Beautiful and inspiring! Thank you, Lisa, and Merry Christmas to you, Byron and the family :-).
Love, Scott & Terri