There has been a clingy cloud over Colin, Heather and I today as we have tried to launch the new week of school.
It's Monday and we've been having a terrible time of it. We feel half asleep and fully discouraged. I don't know why we're having such a hard time today but I'm telling you, we are some sorry looking home schoolers. The kids did a great week of work last week, but today has landed with a thud and we are total duds.
I know Colin was really struggling with missing his brothers last night. I know I'm really discouraged about finances. I know Heather needs to grow in some of the fruits of the Spirit. (Come to think of it, I do too.) I know we all need to be more disciplined.
Colin only has English to go now and Heather has been let out of science early. Soon all books will be closed for the day.
The reality is that the sky is blue and we are healthy. I need to shift my focus.
Here's are a few things I'm happy about:
1. The air coming through our open door and windows is warm
2. The shade of green on two walls in our living room is really nice
3. Skype works most of the time
4. I have a cute dog
5. We have never run out of food or slept on the street
6. My husband thinks I'm great
7. I think my husband is great
8. Wild Hopes will throw a party for our soccer team tomorrow night
9. Byron is at lunch with our wonderful Tanzanian co-worker, Philemon
10. We get to join hands with good people and see good things go forward here