Thursday, January 06, 2011

Departures Again (Ug)

I hate it when the 3 boys leave. Some times I'm able to say it a bit more eloquently than that but the bottom line is the same: I hate it. Heather and I cling to each other and cry after they pull away and I feel like I'm going to be sick for the rest of the day. It's no fun.

There is a boy who’s gonna build homes with his bare hands
There is a son who will sing for all the land
There is a young man and he's lying wide awake
We're all asking how long we're gonna have to wait

There is a boy longing for peace
There is a son who will dance in the streets
There is a young man facing the sky
We're all trying to make sense of how we feel inside


If you'd like to hear Trevor's full song "About Being Brothers"
you can download it for free here .
It's very lovely, if I do say so myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keeping you in my prayers, dear friend. You and Byron have given your boys deep roots and big wings!
Lots of love,
Dore'
PS-this is such a cold winter in Pasadena. The nights are especially chilly. Send us half of your heat wave, please! xoxo

DorRae said...

Lisa, I know your pain! but wasn't the time we had them home beautiful? yes?

lisa said...

Oh yes, it was wonderful and beautiful and sweet! And I'm usually able to ponder it all in context and come round to the beauty of it all. But this time I thought to myself, "I don't feel like focusing on the positive! I just hate it!" ha ha

Seriously, it's a total gift that they could make it all the way across the globe and be with us and each day was celebrated. I love that they were here much more than I hate how it feels when they leave :-)